Meeting sexy people can be hard. Besides having to swim between the straight, bisexual or gay, single or taken, there’s also attitudes, shyness, and preconceived notions to deal with. By using your blog to post your personal ad you can bypass all the hit and miss crap and actually meet people who are into you, whether you’re looking for a date, a relationship, or just a good time. There are lots of things to keep in mind when making a profile.
Here are some tips to make the experience work in your favor.
Try some of these tips the next time you’re trying to get lucky, and see how fast you can go from striking out to a double hitter.
1. Lead with the photo. You can never miss with a full body picture that includes your face. Don’t include a picture that has multiple people in it or is too blurry to actually make out, and don’t be deceptive. Your potential date won’t appreciate that. The ability to have a photo in your ad allows you to showcase who you are and what you like. It also allows you to really see who you’re chatting with beforehand.
2. Make your profile about YOU. At the very least, write something about who you are or what you’re looking for. This is your chance to show your personality a bit. Don’t just jump into the nasty talk. Include something about yourself that demonstrates your personality and interests. It doesn’t need to be a novel introduction, just something quick that can set you apart from your competition.
3. Know your status “HIV poz or neg” and list it. Be upfront about your status when talking with people. If there’s a good chance you’re going to have sex with this person, it’s something they should probably be aware of. If you’re on the road to a relationship, even more so. Also read between the lines and understand the implications of what you read in other profiles.
Some like to use acronyms! Some you’re likely to come across will be:
DDF = Drug and disease free.
NSA = No strings attached.
BB = Bare back. We always recommend using condoms to prevent HIV and its strands from being spread to other people.
POZ = HIV positive/seropositive.
PNP = Party and play. This is code for sex, drugs and party. Most often used is Crystal Meth. They may also include safe or unsafe sex and multiple drugs usage.
PLEASE READ: Playmates Mansion Enterprises in no way advocates any of the above acronyms.
4. Post your true sexuality or sexualities, are you female or a man? Are you straight or bisexual? Are you a top, bottom or versatile? Let people know what you’re in to so that you can get matched up with a good and sexy fit.
5. Be specific about age, height, weight, role, distance away from you, and more. Why waste time chatting with people you’ll never be able to meet?
6. Get to messaging. Now that your profile has the necessary touches, post your ad, and start messaging when you get a reply. However, while you both may be looking for the same thing, you will find the most success by making some cordial small chat first. Don’t just head straight for the sex pick-up line. Exchange a few messages and then steer it towards sex if you want, by making some sort of funny pun. You may encounter some really direct and aggressive people; if that happens to be your thing, respond accordingly – sometimes there’s no need to beat around the bush!
7. Figure out where. Are you into hosting “having a guest over” or would you rather travel? Know what you are comfortable with beforehand and stick with it. Don’t conform to their preference if you’re not comfortable. Be sure to let a friend know where you’re going to travel, especially if it’s someone you haven’t met yet.
8. Be prepared. Don’t go into this kind of situation without the necessary protection or assume that your encounter will have it. Stock up beforehand on condoms and your favorite lubricant and bring it with you. A prepared hook-up is super sexy!
9. Trust your gut. If you show up and they look like Jeffrey Dahmer or Jeffery as a girl, leave! But really, first gut feelings are sometimes spot on, so get out of the situation if you don’t feel safe. You’re not going to be able to enjoy yourself if you’re constantly having to wonder what their next move might be.
10. Be honest. Was this a one night thing? Wanna make it a regular situation? Let your encounter know. While it may seem like they were just looking for a good night too, they may have grown different feelings. Be considerate and let them know where you stand on hanging out again before you part ways. The nice thing is that you’re always a simple message away on your blog. If you really had a good time be sure to add them as a favorite. We suggest that you post your ad once a month, and make changes if any occur.
Finally, familiarize yourself with these 10 steps and always put your safety first. Happy Hunting!
Have questions or more advice? Email us by clicking on the link below, thanks.